Treating people fairly
Empowering our communities and building a diverse culture
We want to break barriers, by building a culture in which gategroup’s broad and diverse communities can thrive. Our social ambitions and targets relate to Health, Safety and Worker Protection, Community, Social Impact & Labour Rights, and Diversity, Equality, Inclusivity & Wellbeing.
Health, Safety and Worker Protection
Ambition: Create an accountable, zero-incident culture by 2030
- Begin annual audit of health and safety policies, systems and procedures, standardize these and publicly report lost-time incidents group-wide, and create a roadmap for further improvements by 2025.
- Cultivate a safe and welcoming working environment to continually reduce incidents with a target of 50% reduction on 2022 baseline by 2030.
Community, Social Impact & Labour Rights
Ambition: Create strategic charity partnerships across all our operations at the Unit level by EoY 2023 and begin measuring social contribution metrics by 2024.
- Sponsor at least one employee-selected local, community driven event per location per year to build strong relationships with our employees’ communities.
- Engage with our host communities to provide good opportunities to work, and a sustainable path to grow professionally and prosper in their careers.
Diversity, Equality, Inclusivity & Wellbeing
Ambition: Create and deploy an industry-leading EDI improvement action plan by 2025
- Roll-out group-wide, all-levels EDI training by EoY 2023.
- Establish supportive unit-level relationships with disadvantaged groups (e.g. LGBTQ+, BAME, Women's, Disability) to provide career development and better opportunities for employment.