VAT Compliance Manager (Specialist)
To manage VAT compliance for Supply Chain Sarl (SCS), Luxembourg, this includes managing the VAT reconciliation during month end closing. Continuously carrying out quality controls and projects to improve the way VAT compliance is maintained.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage VAT and excise duty compliance
- Prepare and submit VAT reconciliations
- Consolidate VAT data for 2 sub-entities
- Handle VAT related topics
- Reconcile VAT analysis to budgets and forecasts
- Preparation, submission and making payment for VAT returns within strict deadlines each month for currently 9 countries
- VAT control account reconciliation each month and generating relevant management reports and KPIs as agreed with the Finance Director
- Providing data and documentation to service providers for filing VAT returns and claims under the 8th directive
- Responsible for dealing with VAT compliance topics as they arise (VAT audits, tax office queries, etc.).
- Liaising with fiscal representatives, VAT advisors to ensure all VAT compliance is undertaken efficiently both in terms of cost and time.
- Updating SAP (P77/P71/P07/D365) and other relevant systems with the VAT rules and VAT rates when there are changes.
- Be up to date on current VAT regulations and changes to apply this in the business
- Investigating potential savings that can be made in VAT.
- Be proactive within VAT compliance and take appropriate initiative and action
- Be VAT speaking partner internally/externally for business related VAT/ED questions
- Preparing the calculations for Intrastat reporting. This includes liaising with suppliers and other departments in SCS to ensure all information is correct and complete.
Ad hoc work
- Supporting other team members at high pressure/work load times
- Minimum Finance Bachelor degree
- Must have had previous accounting and European VAT and excise duty management experience in commercial environment, 3+ years
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Experience with working with foreign currencies
- Detailed European VAT knowledge essential
- SAP experience preferred
- Other European languages are seen as a merit
Geographic Responsibility: European Union, EEA, UK
Type of Employment: Full Time
Travel %: 5-10%
Exemption Classification: N/A
- Other entity finance departments
- Group Treasury
- Group finance
- Group Tax
- Other SCS departments
- External VAT consultants/Fiscal Reps/VAT Depts. in all countries
Work Environment / Requirements of the Job: Office Based
Budget / Revenue Responsibility: Nil
Direct Line Manager (Title): Finance Director - Luxembourg
Number of Direct Reports: Nil
Number of Dotted Line Reports: Nil
Estimated Total Size of Team: 4 (locally in LUX)
gategroup Competencies Required to be Successful in the Job:
- Thinking – Information Search and analysis & problem resolution skills
- Engaging – Understanding others, Team Leadership and Developing People
- Inspiring – Influencing and building relationships, Motivating and Inspiring, Communicating effectively
- Achieving – Delivering business results under pressure, Championing Performance Improvement and Customer Focus
Demonstrated Values to be Successful in the Position
Employees at gategroup are expected to live our Values of Excellence, Integrity, Passion and Accountability. To demonstrate these Values, we expect to observe the following from everyone:
- We treat each other with respect and we act with integrity
- We communicate and keep each other informed
- We put our heads together to problem solve and deliver excellence as a team
- We have passion for our work and we pay attention to the little details
- We foster an environment of accountability, take responsibility for our actions and learn from our mistakes
- We do what we say we will do, when we say we are going to do it
- We care about our coworkers, always taking an opportunity to make someone’s day better
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the job being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. gategroup reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. Candidates may be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
gategroup – an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to workforce diversity and actively encourage all qualified persons to seek employment with us, including, but not limited to, racial and ethnic minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities.