Transport Dispatcher (Allocator)
Reporting to the Transport Shift Manager, the Transport Dispatcher (Allocator) will manage both airside and unit-based teams to deliver business objectives and targets and to optimize Company resources, within their area of responsibility. The Allocator is also responsible for improving performance through continuous improvement of the business and individuals.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To optimize manpower in Transport. Manage fleet levels, creating and maintaining the necessary conditions for a productive, efficient and well-functioning work environment.
- Ensure flights are dispatched and catered on time, act upon aircraft and customer changes, daily, weekly and seasonally
- To update customers (internal and external) with operational updates when required.
- Resolve operational issues in a cost effective, timely and sustainable manner.
- Follow Company procedures and effectively complete all shift documentation (CCP’s/Temp checks/fleet checks/FTA portal/Airside audits).
- To delegate and allocate key tasks effectively to team members.
- Agree, monitor and maintain SLA’s with key suppliers.
- Ensure full understanding and follow legislative requirements in line with Food Safety, Health and Safety, Security and Environment controls
- To effectively manage your team by providing clear direction and leadership and setting objectives with measurable KPIs.
- Continually monitor performance.
- Delegate and allocate work and evaluate performance against set objectives
- Create a harmonious team working environment by promoting teamwork, motivating staff and identify and resolving issues and conflicts.
- Communicate and ensure all team members understanding operational performance, issues and KPI’s (OTP) – on Time Performance
- Hold effective team meetings and discussions.
- Provide feedback on work progress, successes and problems (with solutions) to relevant parties
- Utilise Gate Gourmet performance analysis tools (e.g. Transport dashboard, Vision, Pre-actor)
- Manage TACO breaks
- Undertake special ad hoc projects as required/necessary
- Minimum education to A-Levels / BTEC National or Equivalent.
- Previous experience in managing mid-size teams
- Knowledge of all internal process within a catering unit
- Knowledge of Airside operation and bylaws
- Previous management experience within an airline catering or production process is preferable
- Understanding of health and safety, food hygiene, security regulations (DTLR) would be an advantage
Other Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Ability to use performance analysis tools (e.g. Transport dashboard, Vision, Pre-actor)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs (Word/Email/Excel) is essential.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English,
- Ability to exhibit a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work efficiently using own initiative to resolve issues in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, multi-tasking and prioritising as appropriate
- Must demonstrate integrity, confidentiality and professionalism always.
- Full UK driving licence is preferable.
Working as part of a dedicated and passionate team of people you will be rewarded with free meals whilst on shift and free on-site parking and free uniform. In order to ensure your success in the role, full training will be provided.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK, undertake a CRC (Criminal Record Check) and provide 5 years of checkable referencing history.