Prep Cook / Kitchen Assistant
We are currently looking to hire Prep Cook / KItchen Assistants who are passionate about food and cooking for our facility in Battersea SW11 5BA with immediate starts.
Reporting into the Service Lead Chef, Operations you will work together to ensure orders are met in a timely manner to the required standards. You will work in the order service kitchen preparing and cooking food components under supervision, as well as packing and labelling of hot meals ready to serve.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To work in the kitchen area preparing and cooking food according to assigned recipes.
- Working in the Order service kitchen preparing and cooking food components under supervision.
- Packing and labelling of hot meals ready to serve
- Working with Service Lead chef to ensure orders are met
- Adheres to HACCP and regional safety regulations in compliance with gategroup policies and procedures.
- Responsible for safe and clean workstation and equipment at all times.
- Completed vocational training in culinary and related hygiene course
- Apprenticeship formal culinary education or a related field required
- Previous experience in a similar role preferred but not essential
Other Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Attention to detail and able to work in a team
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Good verbal communication skills in English
- Flexibility to work additional hours as required
Selected candidates will be trained on the job and will be expected to work rotating shifts comprising of a mix of early morning and afternoon starts.