Gate Gourmet is the world's largest independent provider of catering services for airlines and is the core business behind gategroup, whose eleven associated brands offer customers a comprehensive scope of products and services for virtually any on-board need. We provide more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
Working in one of London’s busiest airports, you will be part of a highly motivated team delivering outstanding service to its customers. Working with a fleet of modern specialised catering trucks and vans, you will have the opportunity to transport and load catering uplifts on different aircraft types ranging from small business jets to commercial jets in a secure & controlled environment.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Driving HGV 15 – 18 tonne company liveried vehicles in a secure & controlled environment
- Carrying out vehicle checks prior to use
- Loading and unloading catering uplifts to aircraft (Manually or Hi-lift depending on vehicle)
- Liaison with flight crew and working in collaboration with other ground handling suppliers
- Maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of the vehicle
- Adhering to all Road Traffic Acts and additional Airport By- laws
- Additional duties such as Bar and stores packing or search and sealing will be a daily requirement along with any associated paperwork.
- Plus any additional warehouse duties.
- Valid clean HGV CAT C Driving Licence (up to 3 points will be considered)
- Digital Tachograph knowledge and possession of a digital tachograph card
- Driver CPC qualification essential
- Previous HGV experience desirable, Airport Airside Driving would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the Road Traffic Act
- 5 years checkable references
- Statutory annual leave entitlements
- Free Onsite Parking
- Pension scheme
- Career development opportunities
- Shifts patterns : 5 on / 3 off
- Shift Timings : 1900 – 0400 / 2200 – 0700 / 2300 – 0800
(Shift timings are liable to change to meet business/client requirements)