Finance Project Manager
We are looking to recruit a Finance Project Manager to join a highly motivated and industry leading team. If you are looking for your next challenge, then we might just have the role you’ve been looking for.
The Finance Project Manager is responsible for the integrity of both data and metadata within SAP and will take the lead on ad-hoc systems implementation projects. Also plays a key role in the support of the reporting of results for the retail business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for upload, maintenance, completeness and accuracy of monthly/forecast & budget Retail financial data into the relevant finance systems (HFM, SAP, BW, Essbase, other).
- Responsible for the reconciliation of financial data between finance systems (HFM, SAP, BW, Essbase, other), identifying and resolving discrepancies/mismatches (for both financial and statistical data)
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial reporting systems, e.g. liaising with IT teams to ensure new PCs, CCs, G/L accounts are created in a timely manner for the wider finance teams to use.
- Assist the wider Reporting team with monthly/yearly and other ad-hoc reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of forecast and budget models (excel based primarily)
- Creating ad-hoc reports and analysis as required by the FC, FD or Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Responsible to manage user access of finance systems and for provision of ongoing support to users
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in relation to practices, processes and models/templates used within the reporting function
- Act as the back-up admin/support for COPA related tasks and activities
- Develop and maintain the applicable documentation and supporting flowcharts (specific to Retail) for relevant finance systems, where not already provided by Group
- Participation in Finance systems development / implementation projects, when and where required
- Be the finance project lead. Engaging with key stakeholders across the business at senior level. Ensuring all aspects of a project rollout are considered. Highlighting key risks to CFO and senior management
- Support for maintenance of master data in SAP - setting up new GLs, profit centres, cost centres, etc.
- Work closely with Global IT teams to ensure Retail Finance teams work in the optimum capacity whilst fulfilling gateretail requirements
- Manage finance team through SAP month end tasks (i.e. COPA)
- Enable the rollout of any operating system by testing and ensuring seemly interaction with existing systems
- Proactively drive process improvements, streamlining tasks and workflow across Retail entities
- Be the lead to identify opportunities for automation and process improvement and appropriately prioritize and scope these opportunities. Specific areas of focus but not limited to; Revenue, CoS, VAT, payments
- Work with Group finance on resolving any requirements-cost alignment, creating/disabling functions in SAP
- Continuously seek efficiencies within Finance and increase data integrity within ERP systems
- Create controls and processes to enable reporting needs to be fulfilled effortlessly
- Lead ad hoc systems implementation projects when required
- Support the upload, maintenance, completeness and accuracy of Retail financial and statistical data into systems HFM, SAP, BW, other etc…
- Support reconciliation of data between finance systems and resolve discrepancies/mismatches
- Support the preparation of Monthly Business Review packs, Short-term forecasts and other key group reporting outputs
- Assist monthly submissions and reconciliations into HFM WD5 and WD6
- Support the load, completeness, accuracy and submission of the annual budget into HFM, BW and other relevant finance systems, ensuring deadlines are adhered to, and that supporting analysis packs are adequate, and in line with Group requirements
- Be an active member of the FICO governance group, advocating Retail Finance’s needs whilst fulfilling key requirement within gategroup
- University degree educated, preferably in Finance or a related field
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualification is desirable
- Extensive experience in Systems accounting
- Previous experience of working with SAP, preferably SAP Business Warehouse
- Working knowledge and experience with HFM
Other Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Expert Level user of SAP
- Intermediate level user of HFM
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders and partners at all levels,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, prioritising as appropriate
- Self-motivated, resilient, results focused and action oriented and able to work in various cultures and environments
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications, advanced Excel desirable
- Proactive and flexible attitude with sound analytical & problem-solving skills