Finance Analyst (Fixed Term Contract)
We are looking to recruit a Finance Analyst to join a highly motivated and industry leading team on a 9 to 12 month fixed term contract. If you are looking for your next challenge, then we might just have the role you’ve been looking for.
The Finance Analyst will play a key role in reporting the results of the Retail business within Hyperion Financial Management (HFM). They will drive excellence in data integrity and systems innovation of finance systems, providing support and guidance to finance users across the Retail division
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for upload, maintenance, completeness and accuracy of monthly/forecast & budget Retail financial data into the relevant finance systems (HFM, SAP, BW, Essbase, other).
- Responsible for the reconciliation of financial data between finance systems (HFM, SAP, BW, Essbase, other), identifying and resolving discrepancies/mismatches (for both financial and statistical data)
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial reporting systems, e.g. liaising with IT teams to ensure new PCs, CCs, G/L accounts are created in a timely manner for the wider finance teams to use.
- Assist the wider Reporting team with monthly/yearly and other ad-hoc reporting deadlines and requirements.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of forecast and budget models (excel based primarily)
- Creating ad-hoc reports and analysis as required by the FC, FD or Senior Management Team (SMT)
- Responsible to manage user access of finance systems and for provision of ongoing support to users
- Fostering a culture of continuous improvement in relation to practices, processes and models/templates used within the reporting function
- Act as the back-up admin/support for COPA related tasks and activities
- Develop and maintain the applicable documentation and supporting flowcharts (specific to Retail) for relevant finance systems, where not already provided by Group
- Participation in Finance systems development / implementation projects, when and where required
- Professional qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) preferred but Qualification by experience will be considered
- Relevant experience in a group finance analysis or reporting role, including profit and loss/balance sheet analysis
- Working knowledge and experience with HFM / Essbase or similar systems
- Experience of working with SAP and previous exposure to multi-currency FX calculations desirable
- Knowledge of Power BI or other Data Analytical system preferred but not essential
Other Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Must be an Advanced Excel user
- Ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders and partners at all levels,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales, prioritising as appropriate
- Self-motivated, resilient, results focused and action oriented and able to work in various cultures and environments
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office applications,
- Proactive and flexible attitude with sound analytical & problem-solving skills