Continuous Improvement Manager (12M Fixed Term)
The Continuous Improvement Manager (CIM) will be responsible for driving operational excellence through business improvement projects, Kaizen activities using tools that may include, but are not limited to Lean Six Sigma Project Management in order to deliver value across the Gate Gourmet business units in UK and Ireland.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver significant operational improvements by leading process improvement projects / activities as determined by the business.
- Support the UK and Ireland improvement programs by either leading projects and kaizen activities or supporting the assigned project leader.
- Support the development and deployment of gateOPEX (gategroup operational excellence program).
- Develop and conduct Lean or Six Sigma training as required by the business.
- Build relationships with the UK and Ireland Manager’s to identify future improvement projects.
- Passionately drive Continuous Improvement visibility and awareness across the businesses and act as change agent to grow the Lean culture across the organization
Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to a degree level preferably in Engineering or related field
- Proven experience in a manufacturing / food environment
- Change Agent and proven team leadership skills (direct or dotted line), preferably in an industrial environment. Should be able to move into a managerial role after 2-3 years
- Desired expertise in process improvement and/or operational management Prior program management / project management experience is a pre-requisite
Technical Skills: (Certification, Licenses and Registration)
- Self-starter and able to schedule and manage multiple activities in the same timeline
- Strong organizational skills, able to manage workload effectively and meet deadlines with a keen attention to detail.
- Able to work with different functions within the organisation
- Proven leadership skills and business acumen
- Resilient and able to interface and influence at all organisational levels
- Understanding of data analysis and statistical tools
- Computer Literate.
- The ability to work under own initiative and as part of a team environment
Language / Communication Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the confidence to deal with internal teams and external suppliers/customers at all levels.